Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CARDS

This is my entry for Just A Scrappin Challenge!  The challenge is to make a card that moves.  The monkey rolls back and forth on a penny slider. Cuts were made from the Cricut Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge and the Life's a beach Cartridge.  I made a slot in the small green rectangle and then placed a pop dot in between two pennies, placing one behind the paper and one in front.  This rectangle is also placed on foam tape to raise it up to accommodate the penny.  I added the leaves behind the monkey because I could see the penny.  I used brown ink on the monkeys belly and outline, the tree, and the crabs.  Then I used a coral marker to highlight the shells.  I printed the sentiment on my computer using "ANDY", tore and inked a sand textured paper after printing on the computer.  It took a little while to figure out what to do as I only saw slider cards on a few videos. I wanted to try it myself and not totally copy someone else's so I started from scratch.  I think it turned out great!





2 comments:

  1. What a cute card. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing and joining our challenge at Just A Scrappin'. Hope to many more projects in the future.

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how adorable! What a sweet idea! Looooooove it!

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent and joining us at Paper Playtime!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete