Monday, April 9, 2012

CARDS


This is a card I made for my Manager's birthday.  I am also entering it in the CardzTV challenge #105 which is to use a frame cut from any Cricut cartridge.  The frame is from Elegant Edges cut at 3".  I cut strips of white and weaved them for the lattice work. I had already started this card when I got the email for the challenge so I didn't have the other cartridges I used written down.  (I will be doing that from now on just in case!) The base card is 5 X 4 with a top fold. The purple plaid paper is from Paper Wishes. I cut the purple  flowers at 1" and inked with purple. I also striped the petals with purple glitter pen and curled them with a dry embossing tool and mat.  The centers are a sun (possibly from Walk in My Garden) cut at 1/4" and chalked yellow on the tips. The very center dot is peach Stickles.  The small white flowers are star punches with a Shakura Glaze Pen dot in the middle and curled.  The leaves are from Storybook (I think). On the inside I used another frame to cover where I glued the weaving. A small butterfly left over from another project and a star flower accents the corner nicely.  I stamped Happy Birthday and a floral cluster with purple ink and colored the center with the Glaze pen.  I really like this one and already have some more ideas for this technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment