Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas Challenges Card


This card came out much better than I thought it would.  I like that it is not the traditional colors but still has a Christmasy feel.  The bulb sentiment is from JOYS of the SEASON cut at 3".  An iridescent circle backs the bulb.  Holly with berries, also cut from the same cartridge at 1", tops the hanger.  


I like to finish the inside as well as the outside.  I don't see many blogs posting the inside but I think this is as important and I think a little harder to do than the front.  You want to decorate it but you want to leave some room to write also.  The inside of my card uses the same backing paper as the front with a larger holly cluster.  White paper makes a crisp, clean area to write a personal message or just a signature.


My first try at a video! I think it worked.  The sentiment bulb is on an Action Wobble.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:  


Wobble Wednesday #35 - Sentiments Wobble
Cricut Cardz #121 - Speaking of Christmas
Paper Playtime #89 - Anything Goes






9 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card Reesey! I really like that ornament! Great colours! Love how you've decorated the inside of the card! You're right that the inside is much harder to decorate than the outside! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great holiday card ... the stripes are snowflakes work so well together, and the ornament finishes it beautifully!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did the inside as well! It is something I need to do more often! Pretty holiday card! Thanks for joining us at fMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful...thanks for sharing with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, I really like the non traditional color combo!! Thanks for joinig us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wobble card! The colors are wonderful and of course the holly inside is just a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Card !! I love how you embellished the inside as well, alot of people neglect the inside of their cards, super cute. Thanks for joing us at FCCB this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done, gr8t job with the challenge and thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for coming over to my blog love the holly leaves on the inside really a nice finishing touch and I like the blue combined with the red. Karen

    ReplyDelete