Sunday, November 18, 2012

Stampin Up Class Projects

The following cards are projects I did at a Stampin Up class!  Their stamps are so detailed and the ink is crisp and matches the paper perfectly.

I love the little lasso and the rhinestones on the shank. They had the toe of the boot colored red, but  I liked it plain.

 
The stamps for this project were incredibly detailed but stamped crisp and clear with no fuss at all. The instructions had Happy Birthday under the ship, but I put mine on the inside with an anchor.
 
 
 
 
The technique to make the sun was fun!  Punch a circle from printer paper and place it on your paper with repositionable tape so it comes off without tearing your cardstock.  Ink a sponge dauber and lightly swirl it over the paper circle and the area you want to be sky.  Gently pull the circle off the cardstock and you have a perfect sun or moon!  The snow hills are made with torn paper and micro glitter.
 
This technique was a layered butterfly done with their matching stamps and cutting dies.
Stamp one butterfly on your card stock in black.  Then stamp two more on a separate piece of white cardstock.  Color or chalk as desired and glue the first butterfly on top of the stamped image.  For the third buttrfly, cut around the upper wings and body so you have no lower wings.  Attach this with foam dots to the second butterfly. It makes a very cute layered look but doesn't stick very high off the card.  A fourth butterfly was stamped on the edge and a rhinestone added to thi body.  The reason you stamp the butterfly on the bottom is so you have the antennae for the layered butterfly. No way you could cut those tiny things out. 
 
 
This technique is one you may see alot lately on YOUTUBE.  It is sometimes called Triple Stamping and involves 3 layers of card stamped all at once in a layer.  Then you separate the 3 pieces and mount on cardstock.  Keeping the pattern matching, you glue the layers back together with the mats under each.  I love the pointsettia and pine cone stamps.  I am going to try this with some other stamps I have. I think it works best with large images. 
 
 
This is by far my favorite card design we did!  So pretty with the sun/moon technique and the micro glitter on the snow.  The snow was made with torn paper and sponging similar to the sun/moon.  They didn't stamp their envelopes but I thought it made a nice touch.
 
This class was really fun and I have to thank Debra for the invite and her husband for being nosy in the post office when I was mailing out my Halloween cardswap cards!  If this had not have happened, I wouldn't have known about the classes and continued to ignore the quality and fun that Stampin Up offers its customers.  As soon as Debra sends me the catalogs, I will be ordering a bunch of stuff (on my hubby, of course).  Merry Christmas to me!
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment